Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Snack of the Day: Pasta and Fruit Salad

So today one of my favorite friends came over for lunch, and I wanted to make something simple, healthy, filling, but light on the stomach. This last part was especially important because I had to train and run right after lunch and did not want that heavy gross feeling in my stomach holding me back. The meal I made hit the mark perfectly!

I am not, by any means, going to take credit for coming up with this recipe. It is pretty much the Fruit Spring Rolls recipe as created by Giada de Laurentiis (see <http://www.foodnetwork.com>). The thing that I did differently was I took out the whole "spring roll" aspect, and just kept the recipe as a pasta and fruit salad.

Here's what you do. Boil a box of Pan Thai noodles as directed. Drain the noodles and let them cool. Chop up about 8 medium-sized strawberries into quarter slices, dice up one mango, and dice up one packet of mint. Add the berries, mango, and mint to the cooled noodles, and then add 1/4 cup of honey. Toss, and then enjoy!!  We devoured the entire dish!

This meal was perfect for lunch, I was completely satiated, but didn't feel like I had overeaten. In fact, I felt amazing while working out! It was healthy and all natural. It was simple. It is vegetarian friendly, and all of the vegans out there can simply use a vegan noodle and substitute agave nectar for the honey......still delicious and nutritious!

I cannot wait to make this very simple recipe again, especially as the weather gets warmer, because the pasta and fruit salad is completely refreshing!

Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment