Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Yoga Pose of the Day: Tips on Frog Pose

Just had a comment about how to know whether doing frog pose correctly....

One thing that always helps me is to always do it by a large mirror that allows me to see my entire body without  needing to turn my head too much. Lay on the ground your side is what is being reflected. By seeing myself in the mirror, I can tell if my hips and knees are in one line. If your hips are too far back, the stretch is not deep enough, if your hips are too far ahead of your knees (towards your head), you may be overstretching. Also, by looking in the mirror you can see if you are rounding your back. Remember to keep your back flat: so shoulders away from your ears and active, like you're holding an orange between your shoulder blades, but not too tightly as to juice it.

Hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment