Monday, April 9, 2012

Healthy Snack of the Day: Apricot Cranberry Muffins

I made these muffins this weekend for Easter and they were a HUGE hit with the family. I had seen a recipe for ricotta muffins and changed the ingredients around so I could use ingredients I already had at the house and be finished quickly. I was hoping to have left-overs, but everyone devoured them!!

Heat the oven to 375 degrees and coat the muffin tins with nonstick cooking spray and a little flour.

Blend 2 1/2 cups of whole wheat flour, and 2 teaspoons of baking powder in a bowl (you can add a pinch of salt, but I did not). Stir in 4 oz of chopped dried apricots and 3/4 cup of dried cranberries and set aside.

In a large bowl, whisk together 1 cup of non-fat cottage cheese, 1/2 cup olive oil, 1 egg, 1 cup sugar, 1 teaspoon of vanilla, and 2 tablespoons of water. Make sure the mixture is well-blended.

Add the flour mixture 1/3 at a time to the wet ingredients until well-combined.

Scoop the mixture evenly into all the muffin cups (12 muffins) and then bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of a muffin comes out clean.

ENJOY!



This is really similar to what they look like....,my camera isn't working right now :(

No comments:

Post a Comment